Foreseen activities in 2003
General support to users
Via hyper news and others..
Will absorbe more than 50% of our availability.
Special mention to the LCG meetings:
- Atlas : conclusions and publications.
- Babar : continuing
- LHCb ?
- CMS ?
To allow several models of the same process. Mainly concerned :
Ionisation, Bremsstrahlung, MultipleScattering.
Will become the ‘standard’ in the second half of 2003.
Other developments in standard em
High Energy processes (above 10 TeV)
The discussion with the MEPhI group (Kokoulin, Kelner, Rybin) has started to evaluate the needs, by type of experimental fields.
A priority list has been agreed for :
- precise investigation of the current processes
- a program of development for the next two years.
To be done in 2003 :
- revision of the Bremsstrahlung and Gamma Conversion, and implementation of the LPM effect in Gamma Conversion.
- a correction to the Multiple Scattering for high energy muons.
- A specific implementation of Multiple Scattering for generic ions.
- Completion of the PhotoElecticEffect at the level of Geant3.21
- New implementation of the Synchrotron radiation (Helmut Burkhardt
- A new OpticalPhoton process: a wave length shifting mehanism.
G4Material:start an analysis of an internal data base for specific constants.
Cut per region
Additional new examples.
Physics reference manual
(Interactive) course of em physics
Completed at ~70% (in documents/training).
Understanding performance issues
Plot of cross sections
Provide an equivalent of the command drmat in Geant3:
The store/retrieve PhysicsTables could be a starting point.
Specific Visualisation application ?
System of Units
Check the whole Geant4 code for the correct use of the system of units
main task: STT