Novice & Extended Examples Working Group
Work Plan for 2018
- New examples:
- Biasing category: example illustrating the development(s) in generic biasing: “DXTRAN” MCNP-like option and implicit capture.
- Existing examples improvements:
- Biasing category: Resolve the overlap in biasing B02/B03 and GB03 examples which implement the same use case.
- Electromagnetic & Hadronic categories: updating selected examples with usage of G4Accumulable.
- errorpropagation category: Porting Geant4e to MT.
- Medical category: Extend the DICOM reader with the RT Dose format.
- EM category (and maybe others): Switch to new default random number generator MixMax.
- Code review:
- Review examples macros and tests: make sure that provided macros cover all commands implemented in example and the cdash test covers all important example use cases.
- Update Wiki page with obsolete features.
- Remove the obsolete features from the code using the agreed replacement: Review G4VIS_USE, G4UI_USE in main().
- Finish applying coding guidelines:
- Review the status and update the table on the Wiki page.
- Finish the examples not yet completed (HepMCEx01,02, MCTruth, dicomReader)
Last modified: 02 March 2018
by Ivana Hrivnacova