February 1st, 2017
Present: Makoto Asai, John Allison (OB Liaison), Sébastien Incerti, Ben Morgan, Marc Verderi, Soon Yung Jun, Andrea Dotti, Dennis Wright, Alex Howard, Koichi Murakami, Alberto Ribon, Gabriele Cosmo, Gunter Folger, Vladimir Ivanchenko, Peter Gumplinger, Luciano Pandola, Laurent Garnier
Excused: Hisaya Kurashige, Ivana Hrivnacova, Takashi Sasaki
- Regular items
- The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
- Based on the experience at the version 10.3 release, hadronic physics benchmarking procedures will be iterated at Hadronics WG meetings.
- 2017 census
- Preliminary 2017 census result was reported. Membership web page will be updated accordingly.
- 2017 work plan
The preliminary 2017 work plans of individual working groups are reported and can be found from the working groups page:
Refinements, coordination between working groups, etc. continue.
- Collaboration-wide 2017 work plan will be created and publicized by early March and a Technical Forum for user’s feedback will be held in late March.
- New collaboration logo
- The Steering Board will refine the logo requirements and communicate with the four finalists if they can modify their logos accordingly.
- The whole collaboration will be then asked for graded vote.
5.1. Recent events
Technical forum, January 11th, 16:00-18:00 CET @ CERN
Main topic from the collaboration : version 10.3 release
HSF Community White Paper workshop, January 23-26, 2017 @ UC San Diego, CA, US
- The white paper is still in progress. It has been proposed to address the simulation with a monthly phone meeting.
5.2. Near future events
- Next Technical Forum will be scheduled in the week of March 20th
12th Geant4 Space Users Workshop, April 10-12, 2017 @ Guildford, UK
- CHEF (Calorimetry for High Energy Frontier) 2017 - in October at Lyon, France
- One day short G4 tutorial (in Vietnamese) followed by a one day user workshop (in English) at Ton Duc Thang Univ. in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 15-16 June 2017 (https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/14067/)
- Beginner course in Alghero (4-9 June 2017). Pablo, Luciano, Francesco, as a part of the “14th Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Sub-nuclear and Applied Physics” organized by INFN-LNS and University of Sassari.
- Short geant4 tutorial at the TRISEP 2017 (Jul.10-27.2017) http://www.trisep.ca/ Canadian summer school which is organized (rotation) by SNOLAB, TRIUMF and Perimeter University.
Reminding publication policy.
Publication draft (e.g. proceedings) has to be submitted to the publication board at least three weeks prior to the submission deadline.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - 12:00