Present: Makoto Asai, Dennis Wright, Marc Verderi, Soon Yung Jun, Daren Sawkey, Luciano Pandola, John Allison (OB Liaison), Ben Morgan, Ivana Hrivnacova, Vladimir Ivantchenko, Gabriele Cosmo, Alberto Ribon, Alex Howard, Gunter Folger, Susanna Guatelli (2nd part), Sébastien Incerti, Laurent Garnier
Excused: Hisaya Kurashige
Please note : This is a transitional SB meeting
Part 1 : by the current SB membership
1. Approval of the election of WG leadership
- first name : Wg coordinator
- second name : deputy coordinator
- other names : additional representative(s)
- Names in parentheses are delegates for coordinators’ absence.
- Bold names are new SB members / deputies
- Run, Event and Detector Response
- Makoto Asai, (Jonathan Madsen)
- Takashi Sasaki, (Katsuya Amako)
- Particles and Track
- Hisaya Kurashige, (Makoto Asai)
- Geometry and Transport
- Gabriele Cosmo, (John Apostolakis)
- Generic Processes and Materials
- Marc Verderi, (Vladimir Ivantchenko)
- Standard Electromagnetic Physics
- Vladimir Ivantchenko, Daren Sawkey
- Low Energy Electromagnetic Physics
- Sébastien Incerti, Luciano Pandola
- Hadronic Physics
- Alberto Ribon, Dennis Wright, Gunter Folger
- Gabriele Cosmo, (Witek Pokorski)
- User and Category Interfaces
- Koichi Murakami, (Hajime Yoshida)
- Laurent Garnier, (Joseph Perl)
- Physics List
- Gunter Folger, (Hans Wenzel)
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Soon Yung Jun (Gunter Folger)
- Software Management
- Ben Morgan, (Gunter Folger)
- Documentation Management
- Alex Howard, (Daren Sawkey)
- Novice and Extended Examples
- Ivana Hrivnacova, (Alex Howard)
- Advanced Examples
- Susanna Guatelli, (Francesco Romano)
- Spokesperson : Makoto Asai
- Deputy spokesperson : Marc Verderi
- Technical Forum chair : Andreas Morsch
- Technical Forum deputy chair : Bruce Faddegon
- Oversight Board liaison : John Allison
- Election process and WG leadership approved by transitional SB
Part 2 : by the new SB membership
1. Regular items
- The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
2. 2018 work plan
- The 2018 work plans have been reported by each working group and reviewed. Work plans are published on the web in the various Working Groups pages. Collaboration-wide development items will be summarized and posted on the web soon.
- The Technical Forum on the April 10th will include discussions on this proposed work plan.
3. Spokesperson election
- Forming the Candidate Nomination Team (CNT)
- Three volunteers : Mark Verderi (chair), Alex Howard, Daren Sawkey
- SB approved the CNT membership.
- Election time table is agreed.
- Nomination phase : 2-3 weeks
- Nominee(s) endorsement by SB : 1 week
- Election phase : 2-3 weeks
- CNT will announce the election procedures to the collaboration.
4. Git migration
- Migration schedule : Targeting beta release time for migration.
5. Drupal-7 migration
- Migration schedule
- Site is in principle ready. Awaiting feedback on mirroring test.
6.1 Recent events
- No event to note.
6.2 Near future events
- Joint WLCG & HSF Workshop 2018 , Napoli (Italy), 26-29 March 2018.
- 47th Technical Forum at CERN, 10 April 2018
- ICHEP 2018 , Seoul (Korea), 4-11 July 2018.
- CHEP-2018 , Sofia (Bulgaria), 9-13 July 2018.
Geant4 Collaboration Meeting, Lund University, Lund (Sweden), 27-31
- Have to find the program committee member, with SB agreement by e-mail
- Third Geant4 International User conference at the
frontier, 29-31 October,
- Registration will open on May 4th
IEEE/NSS/MIC , Sydney (Australia),
10-17 November 2018.
- Internal abstracts submission deadline May 9th.
- Training course at TUM-Munich https://indico.ph.tum.de/event/3955/ (16-20 Apr). Luciano and Pablo
- Geant4 Course at the 15th Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Sub-nuclear and Applied Physics, Porto Conte, Alghero (Italy), 27 May - 1 June, 2018.
tutorial supported and organised by The Doctoral School
Paris-Saclay, LAL Orsay, 14-18 May.
- Registration is open.
- Geant4 tutorial at U. Texas, MD Anderson Cancer
Houston, Texas, USA, 25-27 June 2018
- Registration is open.
- 7th International Geant4 Tutorial, KIRAMS, Seoul, July 9-13. Organised by KISTI, NCC & KIRAMS.
- Tutorial in Oulan Baator, Mongolia, September 17-21
- Geant4 short course at the next African School of Physics -Namibia-: C. Mancini (INFN) volunteered
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 12:00