Present: Makoto Asai, Alberto Ribon, Hisaya Kurashige,Takashi Sasaki, Daren Sawkey, Marc Verderi,, Dennis Wright, Soon Yung Jun, Sébastien Incerti, Koichi Murakami, Alex Howard, Ben Morgan, Vladimir Ivantchenko, Gunter Folger, Ivana Hrivnacova, Gabriele Cosmo, John Allison (OB Liaison), Laurent Garnier
Excused: Luciano Pandola
1. Regular items
- The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
- Two issues in 10.4.ref-05 have been identified : ~10% degradation in low energy hadronic samples, and 40% speedup in the proton sample with the Shielding physics list. They are understood, in particular the 40% speedup is “fake” as HP was missing (recovered in 10.4.ref-06)
- Git migration
- Migration postponed to the week after Collaboration Meeting
- Ben Morgan will give some lecture on the usage of Git at the Collaboration Meeting with some hands-on
- 2018 Collaboration Meeting
- Meeting agenda is fixed.
- Session chairs have started to populate their session, the schedule has to be completed by end of July.
4.1 Recent events
- Oversight Board meeting, 11 June 2018.
- Geant4 tutorial supported and organised by The Doctoral School PHENIICS, Université Paris-Saclay, LAL Orsay, 14-18 May.
- Geant4 Course at the 15th Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Sub-nuclear and Applied Physics, Porto Conte, Alghero (Italy), 27 May - 1 June, 2018.
- Geant4 tutorial at U. Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA, 25-27 June 2018
4.1 Near future events
- ICHEP 2018, Seoul (Korea), 4-11
- One oral presentation
- CHEP-2018, Sofia (Bulgaria),
9-13 July 2018.
- One oral presentation, three posters
- 23rd Geant4 Collaboration Meeting, Lund University, Lund (Sweden), 27-31 August 2018.
- Third Geant4 International User conference at the Physics-Medicine-Biology frontier, 29-31 October, Bordeaux, France
- 2018 IEEE/NSS/MIC, Sydney (Australia), 10-17 November 2018.
- One poster
- 13th Geant4 Space Users Workshop, Houston, Texas, USA. 28-30 November 2018
- Geant4 short course at African School of Physics, Namibia, 24 June - 14 July, 2018
- 7th International Geant4 Tutorial, KIRAMS, Seoul, July 9-13. Organised by KISTI, NCC & KIRAMS.
- Geant4 tutorial, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, 3-7 September 17-21
- Geant4 Japanese tutorial & workshop for medicine, Hokkaido Univ., September 25-28
Friday, July 6, 2018 - 12:00