Present : Makoto Asai, Marc Verderi, Ben Morgan, Hisaya Kurashige, Vladimir Ivantchenko, Dennis Wright, Ivana Hrivnacova, Luciano Pandola, John Allison (OB liaison), Susanna Guatelli, Soon Yung Jun, Laurent Garnier, Gunter Folger, Koichi Murakami, Daren Sawkey
Excused : Gabriele Cosmo, Takashi Sasaki, Sebastien Incerti
1. Regular items
- The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
- Insufficient coverage of validations on physics models relevant for medical applications was reported during the collaboration meeting. Physics validation will be extended to cover medical use cases
- Computing performance of Auger process needs to be monitored and potentially improved. Work plan will be developed
- Git migration
- Migration to Git will take place in the second half of September. Announcement and instruction will be sent out soon.
- During the migration (3-5 days), repository will be offline.
- After the migration, current SVN repository will be kept in read-only mode for some time.
- A backup period after the release is provisionned in case the migration could not be made in September.
- 10.5 release
- The 10.5 release schedule is confirmed.
- Group-1 deadline - October 26th
- Group-2 deadline - November 2nd
- Group-3 deadline - November 9th
- Documentation update deadline - November 30th
- Release date of version 10.5 - December 7th
- Details are described in Gabriele’s presentation during the collaboration meeting.
- All collaborators are reminded to avoid last-minutes large commits, and also prepare for the migration to Git.
4.1 Recent events
- World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering,
Prague, 3-8 June, 2018.
- One invited talk
- ICHEP 2018, Seoul (Korea), 4-11
- One oral presentation
- CHEP-2018, Sofia (Bulgaria),
9-13 July 2018.
- One Oral presentation, three posters
4.2 Near future events
- 23rd Geant4 Collaboration Meeting, Lund University, Lund (Sweden), 27-31 August 2018.
- Third Geant4 International User conference at the Physics-Medicine-Biology frontier, 29-31 October, Bordeaux, France
- 2018 IEEE/NSS/MIC, Sydney (Australia), 10-17 November 2018.
- 13th Geant4 Space Users Workshop, Houston, Texas, USA. 28-30 November 2018
- Geant4 tutorial, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, 3-7 September 17-21
- Geant4 Japanese tutorial & workshop for medicine, Hokkaido University, Hokkaido (Japan), 25-28 September 2018.
- VI International Geant4 School, 26-30 November, Trento (Catania group)
- Publication board
- Sébastien’s term for publication board chair finishes as of August 31st.
- Koichi Murakami is now the chair for one year. Other publication board members are Soon Yung (2 years) and Susanna Guatelli (3 years)
Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:00